Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Jazz & Pipes


Three nights ago, I went to a Jazz ensemble and while I was listening to the genius and talent of Butler's University's Jazz orcrastera. As I was listening I had an incredibly strong urge to grab my pipe and smoke it right then and there in the auditorium. After a combination of my cowardice and wanting to see my first performance of Gershwin's classic Rhaspody in Blue made me stop and wait later to smoke.

I realized that an estimated 30%-50%, I could be wrong, of pipe smokers probably love to listen to classic Jazz. By the great artist such as Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, George Gershwin, Ella Fitzgerald, Cab Calloway, and many more of this beautiful genre.

As I realized this link between the relaxing sensation of pipe smoking and listing to Jazz it gave the same release of pleasure, or endorphins if you want scientific term, when I take a good smoke. But again I could be wrong and be called an asshole for making a stupid assumption.

So when you find yourself in Jazz club that has pro-smoking policy and the Jazz is good. Take out your pipe, fill it up with tobacco, light up and puff with the rhythm.

Farewell and puff you later.

1 comment:

  1. I´m sure there´s a link between pipe and jazz.
    Nice post!
    Cheers,
    Bato

    ReplyDelete