Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Irish Oak: Not for the Novice Pipe Smoker.

Recently I'd purchased a new tin of Peterson's Irish Oak tobacco. Let me tell you that if you are a newbie or a novice at pipe smoking then do not buy this. This tobacco will kick your brain in the groin and drown it in nicotine.

I'm assuming that the tobacco was fire cured and sun cured. In order to get a strong kick out of the tobacco. Because there was no way that any of the aromatics that I smoke had such a kick. Now the moisture in the tobacco was perfect as it suppose to be. That being said, the cut was typical of what you get with pipe tobacco, unless you buy flake tobacco. Too thin in some areas too thick, but always the right amount of thick to thin ratio.

Which brings me back to my original point, DON'T BUY IT IF YOU ARE NEW! Because withdrawal will be a bitch to suffer through and if you don't go through that unless you have an affinity for headaches.

Finally as I leave you with my catchphrase, I felt that the tobacco was good, despite it not being an aromatic like Moontrance or Devil's Holiday. I felt it was a good tobacco with a strong smell that didn't feel it was overpowering. But the amount of nicotine that was available in that tobacco was a bit too much for my taste.

So if you are used to sweet tasting of air curing and the lightness of Aromatics don't buy it. But if you want to diversify your tobacco experience, don't say no immediately. Just be cautious of the nicotine, cause you will feel like you just inhaled the smoke instead keeping it in your mouth.

Which will make you nauseous, if you stop too sudden.  

So with that I'll puff you later.

1 comment:

  1. Wow just for your information, there has been introduced a latest technology of electronic Pipes which is remarkably a healthy one, i highly recommend you tried those...

    Electronic Cigarettes

    ReplyDelete