Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Editorial: Sutliff Private Stock

I don't know nor care about the history of the Sutliff Tobacco Co. But for one thing is for sure, is that I bought their tobacco for my meerschaum today. Though I was half expecting the flavor of peaches and cream, I forgot that the taste of tobacco will dominate every tobacco I buy.

But I thought that the tobacco was finely cut and the fragrance was noticeable, especially when it was burning. The moisture of the tobacco was perfect, not too moist but defiantly not dry. But I thought that the flavor was non existent if there was any. If there was any flavor then either it didn't exist or I smoked it too quickly to notice. But that's the one thing with tobacco companies, they tell you one thing about something while their lying at your face through marketing.

So overall I thought the tobacco was okay. I felt cheated by the lack of flavor and the price of the tobacco, but I blame that on high tobacco taxes. The moisture of the tobacco was perfect, so I wouldn't change a thing about that. The smoke was a bit rough, but that was due to my new pipe, so I won't hold that against the producer. The smell was excellent, almost good as the moisture of the tobacco. However the after smell that flavors the pipe was a bit strong for my taste.

So again I give this tobacco an O.K. It's a not so bad and not great tobacco. However I do hope that someone can recommend a good aromatic tobacco.
If they can't then well that sucks.  But that means I just need to continue looking for the perfect tobacco, on my own.

Puff you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment